Sunday was Parent/Child Commitment day at church. While it was the usual hustle and bustle getting everyone dressed and ready, it was also a special time for the four of us as we presented our baby girl at church before friends and family.
Sweet Laney,
As parents, we promise to bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, to provide a Christian home, to teach you the Bible by precept and example, and to pray for the day when you will trust Jesus as your Savior and come into the fellowship and service of the church.
It is an honor and privilege to call you our daughter, and we ask others to hold us accountable for these things we promise to you. We know we will not be perfect examples, but we will teach you about the One who is. You were specially chosen just for us, and we love you so much. We commit these truths to you, as we did for Carter, and look forward to watching you continue to grow into beautiful young lady - inside and out.
Love you baby girl,
Mommy and Daddy
Thank you to our family for joining us Sunday. We had a nice lunch afterwards. Carter discovered the water fountain and the birds. I don't think lunch at Cafe Express will ever be the same.
After a fun-filled day, everyone was wiped out. Notice the book is still open!
Sorry the pictures are a little grainy...
2 comments:
I wish I could have been there with y'all! Thanks for doing this blog, Libbie...it is wonderful to be updated by all the stories and pictures. You have a beautiful family(all 6 of you) :) I miss all of you a lot and cannot wait to see you. Please tell everybody hello for me.
Love,
Karalea
I love the family picture!! She is so pretty!
Post a Comment