Poor little guy can't catch a break.
So you saw what happened Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thursday was the first day of school. I was a TAD nervous to say the least as I dropped off both of the kiddos. And for different reasons :)
I ran to do my errands for the morning and about puked when I saw the school number come up on my phone in Target. It was Laney's teacher - just calling to tell me what a good day she was having. Nice of her to do that, despite the almost heart attack.
Anyway, Carter actually had a good day. Apparently he pulled some little boy's hair RIGHT as I was walking in to pick him up. But, the teacher said he had a good day. I gave her SEVERAL chances to tell me otherwise, and she said she would if anything ever came up. As we're talking, I pick him up and notice this big, red, blotchy spot on his cheek. 'He must have gotten scratched' she said. Yeah, by said boy's TEETH! A HUGE bite mark on his cheek.
I know. Ironic, huh? The biter gets bitten. I will say, I wasn't upset from an injury standpoint. But I am going to be CHAPPED if he starts doing it again. Granted, I know he dished it out a lot, but I only remember one time (poor, little Camille) that was as bad as his face. These were taken that evening after the swelling went down. And yes, I know, I am being defensive. Don't worry, he got his share for doing it to others, but...
So now, he's sportin' two black eyes and a huge, red circle of teeth marks on his cheek.
Friday morning he woke up a bit warm. I gave him some Motrin, and he went back to bed for 45 minutes or so. Ate, played, happy-go-lucky.
Put him down for a nap at normal time. About 2 hours later, I could hear him moaning through the wall. I checked in on him and he looked like he was sunburned. His temp was 104.9.
Ouch.
We headed to the pedi's office for the 2nd time in 4 days. Another 2.5 hour bonding time, but this one was not as pleasant as the last. My little guy was sick, sick, sick.
Long story short, he's ok now. No fever since then.
I don't want to jinx myself, but SURELY this week .... no... I'm not even going to type it.
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago
2 comments:
Ouch!! Rough week for Carter (and Momma). Hope this week is better.
I hope he is all better. Poor baby! What a rough week. That bite looks bad!! OUCH!
Post a Comment