Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bugs

We tried to stay outside most of April and May before it reached melting point here. Most days were nothing too exciting, or so I thought. But I'm always amazed at how kids can take the mundane and turn things into an adventure. We discovered lots of spider webs and bugs that lived in my plants (sadly), birds' nests, sprinklers, swings, and much more on our outings. Again, nothing that seems too exciting, but hours of entertainment - for us all. I love watching the kids just be themselves.

This particular day, we were visited by a ladybug. I have tried and tried to get Laney's picture with one, but... no luck. While this wasn't what I had in mind, it was cute to watch them both just let her crawl around. They would pass her back and forth by linking fingers or arms or whatever, and she stuck around for a while. It was cute, and it made me smile to watch my squirmy two-year old be so sweet and gentle to this fragile, little bug.



0 comments: