Monday, September 26, 2011

From Then Until Now...

The second half of the summer brought lots of fun activities... none of which made it to the blog until now.  Oops. 

Right before VBS started, Carter woke up one night sounding awful.  He tends to sound really croupy very easily - even without actually having croup.  Anyway, I eneded up taking him to the emergency care clinic in the middle of the night.  He was so good and so cooperative with the nurse and doctor.  They got him started on the breathing treatment, and he was asking me questions about why he had to wear it and what the medicine was doing.  I basically told him the meds would help him to breathe and keep him from getting really sick.  Mommy and Daddy and Laney and even little brother want him to feel better, etc...  He sat there for a second with a really worried look on his face and then asked me, " Is baby brother ok?  I don't want him to get sick?"  My sweet boy.  Sitting on an exam table at 3:30 in the morning with a mask on his face concerned that his little brother might get sick.  That's the Carter I know and love. 

Vacation Bible School was the last part of July.  I worked again this year, so the kids were able to attend.  My mom helped out in Carter's room, which of course he LOVED.  Laney was a little sad that GeeGee wasn't in her room, but maybe next year.  Except for the day Laney was sick, the kids had a GREAT time.  They always enjoy this special week, and I love hearing them tell about what they learned.

This year's lessons were all about the Fruits of the Spirit.  I found it SO funny when one of them would tell me I need to have patience!  REALLY?  ME???  Especially when they tell me this after asking me for milk literally a hundred times.  Anyway, love how God reminds me of these things - out of the mouths of babes!

We had lots of fun play dates, movie with Claire and Baby Weston,  MANY trips to the library, fun Chic-fil-a events with Cooper/Jenna and Oliver (and usually Lauren and Megan, too!).    Carter and Laney had fun with Miss Erin while I got to get out a couple of mornings a week (though it was usually to my OB appointment and other random errands). 





We even made it to the beach and actually enjoyed a pleasant day despite it being H O T.  There was a random rain cloud which really made it nice out until the last 30 minutes or so we were there. I was 37 weeks pregnant.  In a bathing suit.  No pictures of me :)

0 comments: