We had a great time in Idaho, as usual. The weather was a wonderful break from the heat here, and we love getting to spend time with family. So fun to think that next time little brother will be making the trip - in his own seat!
The kids were such troopers once again on the way home. Joel got a good dose of Laney's in-car (and out-of-car) musical performances. She got a tad loud once, and we told her she needed to use her inside voice. Her sad little response was, 'oh, I'm sorry guys... I'm sorry for singing too loud.' And then she went right back to her solo.
We managed to keep everyone fairly entertained, and I swear Joel even got to take nap on the way home. I sat with the kids and watched him as he got all cozy with his free beer (thanks, SWA) and his little cat nap. Very jealous, but we'll switch places next time :)
We even managed to stay cool during the descent (which I swear lasted about 45 minutes) on each leg of our trip when the conversations went like this.
Carter: I HAVE TO GO PEE PEE
me: SHHHHHH! stop yelling. no one else needs to know that. you can't get out of your seat now. we are trying to land.
Carter: BUT I'LL GO IN MY PANTS IF I CAN'T GET OUT.
me. SHHHHHHHHHH! stop yelling. no one else needs to know that. you can't get out of your seat now. we are trying to land.
Carter. I HAVE TO GO PEE PEE...
you get the idea. Joel finally took him. We asked the flight attendant if he could go, and she said, "I can't MAKE you stay in your seat if he has to pee. Just be fast."
Crisis averted.
After and 3+ hour car ride and 3 legs of our flight later, we made it home. Safe and sound. Except for Carter's car seat (long story). But I'm happy to report that he now has a new one. :)
Summertime Sweets
3 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment